Jayne A. Pemberton
Jayne A. Pemberton is a civil litigator and trial attorney and concentrates her practice on the defense of companies and individuals in the areas of commercial transportation, premises liability, and insurance coverage. Jayne further focuses her practice on the defense of toxic torts including lead paint, mold, and Chinese drywall litigation. Her experience extends to both state and federal court.
Jayne actively speaks on legal issues at state and national meetings.
- AV Peer Review rated in Martindale-Hubell
- 2011 class of Influential Women of Virginia Honoree by Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
- Virginia Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite”, Young Lawyer (Under 40) category, 2010; in the Legislative/Regulatory/Administrative category, 2011; and in the Civil Litigation category, 2013.
- Selected by Best Lawyers in America© 2014 in the field of Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Selected to the 2014 Super Lawyers Virginia List, Civil Litigation/Defense category
- Selected to the Super Lawyers Virginia List, Rising Star category, 2009
- Tort Reform Legislation at the VA Association of Defense Attorneys (VADA) conference, October 2013
- Common Young Lawyer Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them): Advice from the Bench and Bar (Bar Association of the City of Richmond), October 2013
- The Past, Present and Future of Chinese Drywall, VADA, Spring 2012
- Legislative Updates and Grounds for Denial, International Association of Arson Investigators, Virginia Chapter (VAIAAI), Spring 2012
- The Craft of Controlling the Admission of Evidence, RBA, Fall 2011
- Leading in a Bad Economy, VSB, Spring 2011
- Virginia’s Seatbelt Legislation, VADA, Fall 2010
- VADA Legislative Update, VADA, Spring 2009
- Overview of Toxic Tort Issues Regarding Mold in Virginia, RBA, Spring 2008
- Coverage Case Law Updates, VADA, Spring 2007
- Liability & Lead Paint Litigation – Addressing the Issue of Causation, VADA, Fall 2006
- Conducting Examinations Under Oath, International Association of Special Investigative Units (IASIA), Summer 2006
- Defense Research Institute
- Lewis F. Powell, Jr. American Inn of Court, President (2011-2012)
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association, President (2010-2011), Board of Directors 2007-present
- Richmond Bar Association, Co-Chair, Bench Bar Committee (2009), Member since 2006
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Toxic Torts Chair (2007-2008)
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar, Litigation Section, Young Lawyers Committee, Co-Chair of 2007-2008 Student s’ Day at the Capital Program
- Virginia Trucking Association