Mr. Grier’s practice involves:
- The business and income tax aspects of small to medium sized businesses and their owners;
- Including formation (corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership, professional corporation, nonstock corporation);
- Sale; and
- Dissolution as well as personal and business income and estate tax planning.
He represents parties in connection with:
- Private placement and syndication of business ventures;
- The finance and development of large commercial and residential historic developments;
- Sale of a multi-state automobile leasing company;
- Start-up and development of an internet sales and service company; and
- Operation of a hotel development company.
Mr. Grier’s practice also includes representation of physicians and dentists in connection with:
- Acquisition of practices and practice assets;
- Employment contracts;
- Professional corporations and limited liability companies related to practice and practice assets;
- Employment issues;
- Business and tax issues relating to the practice.
Mr. Grier also represents non-profit organizations in connection with their formation and qualification as exempt organizations including advice relating to operations, advice relating to conflicts of interest and tax exempt activities, and advice relating to related party transactions.
- AV Peer Review Rated in Martindale-HubbellSelected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Tax Law (Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC), 2012 – 2016
- Virginia Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite,” Health Law category, 2012-2015
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Past Chairman of the Health Law Section of the Virginia State Bar
- Previous Chairman and Board Member of the Richmond Technology Council
- Previous Chairman of the Virginia Health Care Foundation
- Previous Chairman of SeniorNavigation.com
- Previous Chairman and Board Member of Richmond Memorial Health Foundation