Wilson is a business lawyer with a focus on commercial lending, banking and real estate finance. He has years of experience representing parties in commercial lending and commercial leasing transactions, including syndicated bank loans, leveraged leases, synthetic leases, letters of credit, the factoring of accounts receivable, and in real estate acquisition, construction and development loans. Before joining ThompsonMcMullan in 2003, Wilson served as a senior in-house lawyer with a multi-national financial institution, where he had responsibility for legal affairs ranging from consumer finance regulation to investment banking, and as partner in the financial institutions practice of a multi-national law firm, where he specialized in commercial finance.
Wilson also advises clients in connection with troubled loan workouts, where he brings to bear his expertise in lender liability law and creditor’s rights to assist in structuring solutions for lenders and borrowers.
- J.D., University of Richmond School of Law, 1976
– Member, Law Review
– Chairman of the Honor Court
– Omicron Delta Kappa
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1972
- Represented agent bank in documentation, negotiation and administration of a syndicated $120,000,000 multi-currency revolving credit facility to an international management consulting and technology company.
- Represented bank in a $50,000,000 cross-border (Canada) asset-based credit facility to a supplier of wood flooring and related construction materials.
- Represented institutional lenders in several multimillion dollar real estate acquisition and development loans for residential subdivisions and workouts of troubled loans.
- Represented corporate lessee in $16,000,000 leveraged lease of rail cars.
- Represented heavy industry manufacturers as borrowers in a $32,500.000.00 asset-based lending facility.
- AV Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to Super Lawyers Virginia list, Business and Corporate Law category, 2014, 2015
- Virginia Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite”, Business Law category, 2011 – 2017
- Author, Consumer Law Chapter, The Virginia Lawyer: A Deskbook for Practitioners, Sixth Edition, published by Virginia CLE
Commercial Loan Documentation (Lorman 2007-2008)
Commercial Lending Law, Second Edition: A Jurisdiction-by-Jurisdiction Guide to U.S. and Canadian Law
On June 20, 2016
Wilson Trice recently published “Commercial Lending Law, Second Edition, A Jurisdiction-by-Jurisdiction Guide to U.S. and Canadian Law” through the American Bar Association (“ABA”). Click to read the . . .
On March 20, 2013
As seen in: the ABA Business Law Section
Introductory Note: In order to standardize our discussion of the law of guaranties, we use the following vocabulary to refer to the . . .
On August 23, 2009
VIRGINIA COMMERCIAL LENDING LAW
A Guide for Commercial
Lenders and Businesses
Wilson R. Trice, Director
TABLE OF CONTENTS
BASIC LEGAL STRUCTURE
The Virginia . . .
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association, past Chairman, Corporate Counsel Section
- Member of the UCC Committee and the Commercial Financial Services Committee of the American Bar Association
- Served as a member of the Richmond Human Relations Commission and is a graduate of Leadership Metro Richmond
- Counsel to St. James’s Episcopal Church, a former senior warden and member of the Board of its Endowment Fund
- Former board member, Kiwanis Club of Richmond
- Former board member, The Boys and Girls Club of Metropolitan Richmond
- The Westminster-Canterbury Foundation, Former Vice Chair, Chair of the Board of Trustees 2014-2016