Our experience in this practice area includes:
- Defense of state and federal employment claims;
- Counseling of employers from hiring through termination;
- Drafting employment and compensation agreements and employment policies; and
- Prosecution and defense of claims involving non-compete agreements, trade secrets, computer crimes, and other business torts.
ThompsonMcMullan regularly consults with and advises our clients on a wide variety of employment and human resource matters ranging from pre-hiring practices to termination and severance issues.
- Hiring practices, including review of employment application materials, federal regulatory compliance, and ADA-related matters;
- The drafting, negotiation, and implementation of employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, and non-competition agreements;
- The review and updating of personnel handbooks and policy manuals;
- The termination of employees, including preparation of severance and termination agreements; and
- The defense and prosecution of state and federal court actions in response to EEOC complaints, unemployment claims, discrimination claims, wrongful termination claims, and other employment based contract or tort claims.