Fiduciary and Chancery Litigation
We have significant experience with will contests, power of attorney abuse, contested guardianships and conservatorships, and practice before Commissioners of Accounts.
Our experience in this practice area includes:
- Will contests;
- Power of attorney abuse;
- Contested guardianships and conservatorships;.
- Practice before Commissioners of Accounts.
ThompsonMcMullan’s lawyers have developed expertise in the growing practice area of chancery and fiduciary litigation. We are at home applying equitable principals in Virginia courts and have appeared from one end of the Commonwealth to the other to prosecute or defend the following types of matters: impeachment of wills; partition of jointly held real estate; reformation of trust agreements; suits for aid and guidance; substitution or removal of executors/trustees; effecting distributions of property under UCTA/UTMA; guardianships and conservatorships of incapacitated persons; resolution of estate and trust administration issues; and actions to compel accountings from attorneys-in-fact.
- Impeachment of wills;
- Partition of jointly held real estate;
- Reformation of trust agreements;
- Suits for Aid and Guidance;
- Substitution or removal of executors/trustees;
- Effect distributions of property under UCTA/UTMA;
- Guardianships and conservatorships of incapacitated persons;
- Resolve estate and trust administration issues;
- Compel accountings from attorneys-in-fact.