Grice officially retired in January of 2017, after being one of the founding members of the firm. He worked with business clients since 1973, and represented many closely-held and small publicly-held companies. He was often called upon to handle the formation of subsidiaries, contract negotiations, intra-company dispute resolutions, lease negotiations and financings, and share and asset purchases and sales of such companies.
While Grice dealt with nearly every legal aspect of a business, he had deep experience in a wide array of commercial real estate projects. These included the formation of entities, and the financing and leasing or sale of condominium and residential subdivision and/or apartment projects. He worked on many office and warehouse, shopping centers, and raw land projects.
Grice also spent much of his legal career representing financial institutions. Many of these legal issues pertained to general corporate matters, lending, collection, and loan workout matters. He also represented the FDIC in various matters related to failed banks and savings and loan associations.
- University of Virginia, J.D., 1967
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1961
- AV Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Real Estate Law (Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC), 2012 – 2017
- Selected by peers as the Lawyer of the Year for Richmond in the field of Real Estate Law (Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC), 2015
- Selected to the Super Lawyers Virginia List, Commercial Real Estate category, 2006 – 2017
- Selected to the Super Lawyers’ “Top 50 Virginia Super Lawyers” list, Real Estate category, 2010
- Selected to Virginia Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite”, Real Estate/Land Use category, 2009 – 2014
Author in the “Real Estate Transactions in Virginia”, published by Virginia CLE Publications.
- Richmond Bar Association: Member, former Executive Committee, Real Estate Section
- President of the Richmond Real Estate Group, a non-profit organization consisting of central Virginia-based real estate developers and persons in fields related to real estate development
- Virginia Bar Association: Council, Real Estate Section
- Virginia State Bar: Former Chair of the Real Property Section
- Former Co-Chair, Real Estate Section of Meritas, a worldwide organization of over 160 independent business and litigation law firms, former Vice-Chair and a member of its Executive Committee and Board of Directors.