ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. is seeking a highly motivated, reliable, organized and detail-oriented Bookkeeper to join our talented team in Richmond, VA. This person will work closely with our accounting team and provide the firm’s owners and external parties with relevant and accurate financial statements and information. This is a full-time position that reports to the Firm Administrator.
- Ensuring all financial transactions are accurately reflected in the appropriate financial systems
- Processing payroll and related taxes and benefits
- Preparing, reviewing, and distributing timely and accurate internal financial reports
- Implementing and maintaining a strong system of internal controls
- Performing Bank Reconciliations, processing Accounts Payable, and booking transactional level journal entries
- Recording payments and deposits on a daily basis
- Balancing of all accounts on a weekly and monthly basis
- Reconciling of Firm Credit Card Transactions
- Preparing Annual Business License Renewals and Property Tax Returns
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and TABS (or related legal software technologies) preferred
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has demonstrated bookkeeping expertise in a law firm setting
- Must be familiar with transactional level journal entries up to producing Financial Statements
- Is detail oriented with proven documentation skills
- Displays strong follow through on assigned tasks and a willingness to learn
- Has excellent command of written and spoken English with ability to effectively communicate via phone, messaging, and email
We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Employer paid medical insurance for employees
- Employer contributions to Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Employee funded medical flex spending and dependent care flex spending accounts (FSA)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life, disability, and long-term care insurance
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- Generous paid leave benefits- including PTO, ten paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- Paid parking
ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. is a law firm committed to excellence in serving business, government, and individual clients in business transactions, corporate matters and real estate transactions, employment counseling and litigation, civil litigation, bankruptcy, administrative law, elder law, estate planning, and family formation. Our core values focus on dignity, community, honor, civility, teamwork, and passion expressed in a balanced life.
In addition, ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. has been recognized by the Richmond Times Dispatch, in partnership with Energage, as a Top Workplace for three years running, thanks to positive feedback and shared experience from our employees!
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by submitting your resume and a letter of interest including any salary requirements for review to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
To learn about our firm, please visit our website at www.t-mlaw.com.
EOE M/F/D/V on behalf of our client, we reserve the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.