Firm Administrator – Richmond, VA
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and professional Firm Administrator to join our management team in Richmond, VA. This is a full-time position with the responsibility of leading our support team so that our attorneys may focus on serving our clients. The Firm Administrator reports to the President of the firm and supervises the Sr. Accountant, Office & HR Coordinator, Records Coordinator, and Marketing Coordinator.
- Ensuring that our attorneys are supported and able to focus their efforts on serving clients and practicing law
- Ensuring staff satisfaction, engagement, and wellbeing for all employees
- Overseeing the HR function, including benefits administration and onboarding of new attorneys
- Hiring, training, and providing HR support for paralegal and legal administrative staff
- Budgeting preparation, compliance, and variance reporting
- Supervising the Sr. Accountant, HR, Records, and Marketing functions
- Managing facilities, equipment, and supplies
- Overseeing the acquisition and appropriate use of technology for the legal practice
- Facilitating insurance and membership renewals
- Staying abreast of best practices in law firms and assist the firm in process improvement
- Updating and maintaining the personnel handbook
- Carefully reviewing supporting documentation and signing checks
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence individuals across all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Supervisory experience (5+ years)
- Familiarity with a cross-section of legal software and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has at least 5 years of experience in a similar role in a law firm
- Has demonstrated capacity allocating resources among competing demands with process and product satisfaction
- Can think on their feet and respond promptly and flexibly to needs as they arise
- Is actively engaged in the Association of Legal Administrators
We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package along with a collegial work environment. Benefits including health (employee premium paid by firm), dental and vision, life and disability insurance, long term care, paid parking, and 401K plan.
Thompson McMullan provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Compliant with COVID-19 CDC guidelines as well as the VA Department of Health.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by submitting your resume and a letter of interest including any salary requirements for review. The position will remain open until filled. Submit documentation to mcleveland@t-mlaw.,com
To learn more about our company, please visit our website: www.t-mlaw.com