Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
The firm represents clients in a wide array of transactional, financial and litigation matters involving bankruptcy and creditors’ rights issues, both inside and outside of bankruptcy. Our attorneys regularly handle conflict and local counsel referrals from nationally-recognized law firms and corporate in-house counsel. Our clients in this practice area include: businesses; commercial real estate owners; governmental entities; Bankruptcy Trustees and purchaser groups and other commercial committees; institutional lenders; secured and unsecured creditors; and landlords, tenants, lessors, and lessees.
Our experience in this practice area includes:
- Secured transactions and lien perfection involving both real and personal property;
- Acquisition and restructuring of troubled businesses, loan restructuring and workouts and acquisition and sale of assets inside and outside of bankruptcy;
- Foreclosures, repossessions, seizures and liquidations;
- State court litigation, including collection proceedings and post-judgment collection activities;
- General representation of creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases;
- Bankruptcy and appellate court litigation;
- Relief from stay, cash collateral, adequate protection, turnover, abandonment, exemption, landlord-tenant, executory contract, claim, disclosure statement and plan, tax, lien priority and nondischargeability matters, proceedings, contests and disputes;
- Preference and fraudulent transfer actions;
- Involuntary bankruptcies; and
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution.