Our Hospitality team works with a wide range of businesses in and outside of Virginia. We provide comprehensive business and litigation services for hospitality clients, including commercial real estate and land use, employment law, ABC licensing, business licensing, tax issues, intellectual property, purchase and sale, and premises liability litigation defense. Our clients look to us for counsel on operational, corporate and litigation matters so that they can focus on running their business.
We provide comprehensive legal services to the industry, including:
- Alcoholic beverage control (state and local)
- Bank finance and lending
- Commercial real estate
- Construction contract review
- Corporate services
- Department of Labor audits
- Intellectual property
- Mergers and acquisitions
- OSHA compliance and investigations
- Premises liability
- Public Accomodations
- Taxation (federal, state and local)
- TTB guidance
- Joint ventures
We have provided legal counsel to the following:
- Golf courses
- Ski facilities
- Recreational clubs
- Commercial pool operations
- Sports facilities
- Special events, including music festivals
- Representation of sellers and purchasers in transactions involving hotels and restaurants.
- Representation of hotels and restaurants in accommodations claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Representation of craft breweries in trademark dispute.
- Representation of restaurant group in separation from IT service provider.
- Negotiation and drafting of distribution agreements.
- Representation of clients in administrative hearings regarding ABC licensing.
- Advised hospitality clients in compliance with various state and federal employment laws.
- Representation of hotels and restaurants in claims under Title VII, the ADA, FMLA, and FLSA.
- Advised craft brewery owners on corporate governance matters.