Senior Accountant – Richmond, VA
We are seeking a highly motivated, reliable, organized and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our talented team in Richmond, VA. This person will lead our accounting team and provide the firm’s owners and external parties with relevant and accurate financial statements and information. This is a full-time position that reports to the Firm Administrator and supervises the Billing Coordinator as well as the Concierge & Accounting Clerk.
- Ensuring all financial transactions are accurately reflected in the appropriate financial systems
- Processing payroll and related taxes and benefits
- Providing timely and accurate financial reports
- Preparing the annual budget
- Maintaining a strong system of internal controls
- Supervising the billing and accounts payable functions
- Acting as a liaison with our external accountant, banks, and other parties requiring financial input
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and TABBS (or related legal software technologies) preferred
- Supervisory experience
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has demonstrated accounting expertise in a premier law firm
- Is detail oriented with proven documentation skills
- Displays strong follow through on assigned tasks and a willingness to learn
- Has excellent command of written and spoken English with ability to effectively communicate via phone, messaging, and email
We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package along with a collegial work environment. Benefits including health (employee premium paid by firm), dental and vision, life and disability insurance, long term care, paid parking and 401K plan.
Thompson McMullan provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Compliant with COVID-19 CDC guidelines as well as the VA Department of Health.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by submitting your resume and a letter of interest including any salary requirements for review. The position will remain open until filled. Submit documentation to mcleveland@t-mlaw.,com
To learn more about our company, please visit our website: www.t-mlaw.com