We’re all becoming increasingly tech savvy- and so is the Social Security Administration (SSA). It’s moved services online. From applying for Social Security benefits to replacing a card- the SSA has online tools to help.
To access most of the online services- you need to create a mySocial Security account. This account allows you to receive personalized estimates of future benefits based on your real earnings- see your latest statement- and review your earnings history. You can also request a replacement Social Security card- check the status of an application- get direct deposit- or change your address. If you are a representative payee- you can use my Social Security to complete representative payee accounting reports. Even if you don’t get benefits- you can use the account to request a benefit verification letter.
In addition to my Social Security- other online services are available- including the following:
- Apply for retirement- Medicare- and disability benefits
- Apply for Supplemental Security Income in some circumstances
- Appeal a medical decision or a non-medical decision
- Find out what benefits you qualify for
- Estimate future benefits
- Find your full retirement age
- Block electronic access to your Social Security information
For a full run down of the online services available- click here.