From our historic office located in the heart of the Virginia capital and Richmond’s Central Business District, and mere steps from state and federal courthouses, we aggressively defend our clients before judge, jury, and adversaries. Large national companies, in-house corporate counsel, and notable out-of-state and global law firms trust ThompsonMcMullan's civil litigation attorneys to serve as lead and local counsel in Virginia’s state and federal courts, including the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Our trial attorneys are highly knowledgeable, competent, and responsive – and we’ve built a rapport with judges who know us by name. We represent our clients in disputes of all forms, in all industries, with companies of all sizes. Through the decades, and thanks to our diverse blend of attorneys with varied interests, expertise, and skillsets, we have built a unique perspective and approach in the complex litigation matters we handle, with the goal of protecting our clients’ interests, managing risk, and ending disputes as quickly and efficiently as possible — so that you can get back to work.
- Commercial, Contract, and Corporate Governance Disputes
- Construction Litigation
- Consumer Finance Litigation Defense
- Federal Courts and Local Counsel Practice
- Government, Public Official, and Municipal Liability Defense
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Property, Casualty, and Business Liability Defense
- Real Estate and Land Use Disputes
- State and Federal Appellate Practice
The Role of Alternative Dispute Resolution in Insurance Coverage Disputes