RICHMOND, VIRGINIA (August 20, 2020)
August 20, 2020 — ThompsonMcMullan is pleased to announce that 17 lawyers have been included in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
Best Lawyers has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to 2021 The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Hugh T. Antrim – Elder Law, Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Rebecca C. Bowen – Corporate Law
- Mark R. Colombell – Commercial Litigation, Construction Law
- Beverley L. Crump – Corporate Law
- Sherry A. Fox – Family Law
- Paul G. Izzo – Elder Law
- R. Shawn Majette – Elder Law
- Christopher M. Malone – Family Law, Construction Law, Commercial Litigation, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Municipal, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Christopher M. McCarthy – Elder Law
- Michael J. Quinan – Administrative/Regulatory Law, Energy Law
- Cliona M. Robb – Energy Law
- Henry C. Spalding – Insurance Law
- Thamer E. “Chip” Temple – Labor Law – Management, Employment Law – Management
- William W. Tunner – Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- J. Buckley Warden IV – Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Health Care
- Carolyn A. White – Elder Law
- Andrea J. Yoak – Elder Law
Andrea Yoak was named “Lawyer of the Year” for Richmond Elder Law. This recognition is given to lawyers with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location.
Three attorneys were recognized in the inaugural year of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. This award recognizes extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years in the United States. Like traditional Best Lawyers awards, a Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition is based entirely on peer review. The 2021 Ones to Watch recognized attorneys are:
- Matthew Anderson: Commercial Litigation, Labor and Employment Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Frances Caruso: Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law
- Lindsay Pickral: Elder Law and Trusts and Estates
Congratulations to all our attorneys!