ThompsonMcMullan is pleased to announce Mark Colombell and Adam Nelson have been elected as Shareholders. Sarah Warner has been elected as a Director.
Mark Colombell has been a trial attorney with ThompsonMcMullan since 2003. Mr. Colombell is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named in Virginia Business magazine as one of the Legal Elite. Mr. Colombell is a regular speaker on a wide variety of topics, including but not limited to bank fraud, commercial landlord-tenant matters and consumer financial services.
Mr. Colombell’s practice focuses on:
- Consumer financial services;
- Commercial litigation;
- Constitutional Law and Civil Rights;
- Local Government and Public Officials;
- Construction law;
- Commercial landlord/tenant; and
Mr. Colombell attended the University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law and James Madison University.
Mr. Nelson, is a Martindale-Hubbell AV rated attorney and represents individual and business clients in commercial transactions, emphasizing in:
- Commercial leasing (including resolution of commercial landlord and tenant disputes and representation of landlords in tenant bankruptcies)
- Sales and purchases of commercial and residential real estate
- Sales and purchases of businesses and business assets
- Organization of business entities such as corporations and limited liability companies
- Commercial lending (including representation of both lenders and borrowers and including SBA loans)
- Creditors’ rights.
Mr. Nelson joined ThompsonMcMullan after graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1995. Prior to law school, Mr. Nelson attended Pennsylvania State University, from which he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, graduating first in his MBA class. From 1987 until 1992, Mr. Nelson served as a corporate financial analyst for Ford New Holland, Inc., the agricultural subsidiary of Ford Motor Company.
Ms. Warner’s practice focuses on business organizations and finance and corporate transactions, including:
- Commercial Lending – Advise and assist banks and lending institutions on making commercial loans including SBA 7A and 504 loans;
- Corporate – Advise corporate clients on formation, contract negotiations, lease negotiations, share and asset purchases, and dissolution; and
- Real Estate – Advise clients on purchasing and selling commercial and residential real estate, riparian rights, conservation easements, and the development and registration of commercial and residential condominiums.
Ms. Warner attended T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond and Auburn University where she majored in Political Science. After college, Ms. Warner spent four years at the American Bar Association’s Central and East European Law Initiative, where she focused on legal development programs in the Balkans and Albania.
For more information please contact Amy Smith, Marketing Director at 804.698.6219.