A litigator who turned his passion for advocacy into a career
Growing up working in his family’s logistics company, Daniel learned the importance of straightforward communication and finding creative solutions from a young age. His family business taught him that every detail counts, a skill he carries through in the legal profession when providing counsel to both small and medium-sized clients. Ultimately, his strength in advocacy and negotiations pushed him to apply to law school upon graduating William & Mary in 2020.
Awarded a full scholarship, Daniel enrolled in the University of Richmond School of Law where he served on the Moot Court Board, was a finalist in the 2021 Moot Court competition, and won best brief. In addition to serving as class representative in the law school student government his 3L year, Daniel was awarded the Cali award for legislation and regulation in the spring of 2021 and legal history in the fall of 2022, recognizing his achievements of best grade in the class.
Securing a clerkship for a private attorney after his first year of law school, Daniel gained experience in pro se cases and small claims cases in Richmond General District Courts, which honed his interest in litigation and provided invaluable insight into the art of advocacy. Prior to joining ThompsonMcMullan, Daniel was a summer associate with the firm before his 3L year, where he further developed skills in negotiation and research.
- Successfully represented regional business in sale dispute, resulting in dismissal of the case
- Representation of small businesses in insurance disputes
- Representation of Virginia Sheriff’s departments in motions to dismiss and summary judgment cases
- Serve as counsel in zoning construction law cases to ensure clients are building in conformance
- Participated in a forensic examination of business sale alter ego case where it was determined sale was legitimate and secured a dismissal
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2023
- Moot Court Board
- Federalist Society member
- Student Government 3L Class Representative
- William & Mary, B.A., cum laude, Political Science and Hispanic Studies, 2020
- Member, Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society
- Member, Sigma Delta Pi, National Spanish Honors Society
- Club Tennis
- Eagle Scout