ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. seeks an associate attorney to join the Elder Law and Estate Planning practice. Depending on qualifications, the associate may work either from our Midlothian office or from our downtown Richmond office. Previous legal experience in relevant areas include: drafting and administering wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and advance medical directives; administering probate estates; trust administration; guardianship and conservatorship appointments; Medicaid and special needs planning; tax planning; and fiduciary litigation.
The ideal candidate:
- Has zero to five years of estate planning, estate and trust administration, or elder law experience
- Is admitted to practice in Virginia (or possesses the ability to become admitted promptly)
- Demonstrates strong client communication skills
- Enjoys working in a team environment
In addition, applicants should enjoy learning new areas of the law to problem solve with clients, as this role includes immediate and consistent contact with individual clients.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Employer paid medical insurance for employees
- Employer contributions to Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Employee funded medical flex spending and dependent care flex spending accounts (FSA)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life, disability, and long-term care insurance
- 401k plan with employer contributions
- Generous paid leave benefits including PTO, 10 paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- Paid parking
ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. is a law firm committed to excellence in serving business, government, and individual clients in business transactions, corporate matters and real estate transactions, employment counseling and litigation, civil litigation, bankruptcy, administrative law, elder law, estate planning, and family formation. Our core values focus on dignity, community, honor, civility, teamwork, and passion expressed in a balanced life.
In addition, ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. has been recognized by the Richmond Times Dispatch, in partnership with Energage, as a Top Workplace for four years running, thanks to positive feedback and shared experience from our employees!
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your resume for review to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
To learn about our firm, please visit our website at www.t-mlaw.com.
EOE M/F/D/V on behalf of our client, we reserve the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.