We offer a full range of services in estate planning and administration. Our attorneys understand that each client’s goals and needs are unique, and there is rarely a one-size-fits-all solution. We work with clients to create a customized estate plan to meet their goals. An estate plan may include not only the preparation of wills and trust agreements, but also a variety of more sophisticated planning devices for the disposition of family wealth and asset protection. Our attorneys know how to anticipate a range of possible outcomes that could await in the future and to create estate plans equipped to withstand whatever challenges emerge.
In addition, we advise clients in the area of estate and trust administration, including the representation of individuals and institutions acting as executors and trustees. As with estate planning, every estate administration presents its own unique circumstances and our attorneys have the experience to advise clients how to navigate the estate administration process and to shepherd those tasked with serving as executors and trustees through the sometimes daunting work associated with those roles.
As the estate planning and estate administration areas often overlap with elder law, business ownership, and real estate issues, our firm’s extensive expertise in these combined areas allows us to offer superior service to our clients in their planning needs.
Our Estate Planning and Administration practice includes:
- Preparation of wills and trust agreements (both revocable and irrevocable)
- Preparation of powers of attorney and advance medical directives
- Application of the Uniform Transfer to Minors Act and the Uniform Custodial Trust Act
- Advising clients on income, gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax consequences
- Charitable gift planning
- Establishing family limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Probate of wills, qualifying personal representatives, and administering estates and trusts
- Preparation of estate tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns
- Representing clients in fiduciary litigation
- Post-mortem tax planning
- Advising fiduciaries on business issues affecting estates and trusts
- Business succession planning