Estate attorney Rebecca Bowen has partnered with Godsey & Gibb, a local wealth management firm, to host a webinar on questions surrounding Probate Avoidance Planning. The information covered will include:
- What is probate and why should I avoid it?
- Do I need a trust if I already have a Will? How can I utilize trust agreements to avoid probate?
- What is the importance of beneficiary, payable-on-death (POD), and transfer-on-death (TOD) designations?
- What are the benefits and pitfalls of joint ownership for probate avoidance?
- What is a durable power of attorney and who should hold mine?
- Are there any considerations I should include for general aging concerns and caregiving?
Questions can be sent in advance of the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org. For details on how to join the call, visit the Godsey & Gibb website.