Two ThompsonMcMullan attorneys are slated to present at this year’s Virginia Creditors’ Bar Association CLE conference on October 13th hosted in Norfolk, VA at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott. Bankruptcy attorney Will Prince will provide a Creditors’ Attorney Defense Update alongside Andrew Biondi of Sands Anderson and appellate attorney John O’Herron will be speaking on The Ins and Outs of Appellate Practice in Virginia.
In its thirteenth year, the annual conference is a day-long meeting comprised of CLE sessions and networking amongst attorneys engaged in debt collection, and this year’s agenda is comprised of the following sessions:
- Opening Remarks, Reiss Wilks, Esq., Event Moderator
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Today, Joann Needleman, Esq., Clark Hill PLC and Jonathan Floyd, Esq., Troutman Pepper
- Creditors’ Attorney Defense Update, William D. Prince IV, Esq., ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. and Andrew Biondi, Esq., SandsAnderson, P.C.
- A Practical Guide to Defending Against FDCPA Claims, Tomio Narita, Esq., Simmonds & Narita LLP and Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC
- The Ins and Outs of Appellate Practice in Virginia, John P. O’Herron, Esq., ThompsonMcMullan, P.C.
- The Intersection of Ethics, Competence, and Lawyers’ Well-Being, Janet P. Van Cuyk, MSW, JD and Virginia Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program