Commercial Financial Services
Our practice includes structuring credit transactions and negotiating and drafting credit documents as well as working out troubled debt, liquidating collateral, and representing debtors and creditors in insolvency proceedings.
The firm has reviewed and prepared standard forms for commercial lenders. It also regularly undertakes local counsel engagements representing parties in the Virginia aspects of multi-state transactions.
Many of our lawyers come to us from similar practice areas with larger firms and frequently represent clients in highly complex transactions. We bring that expertise to complex transactions at a price that is attractive in comparison to that of larger firms.
Our experience in this practice area includes:
- Preparation, review of loan documents and coordination of loan closing;
- Advice on structuring transactions;
- Advice on regulatory compliance;
- SBA 504 and 7A Loans – Representation of Certified Development Companies, banks and borrower;
- Perfection of liens on real and personal property; and
The Commercial Financial Services practice at ThompsonMcMullan focuses on the representation of parties in:
- secured and unsecured commercial lending;
- commercial leasing and other commercial financing transactions ( including syndicated bank loans);
- leveraged leases;
- synthetic leases;
- letters of credit;
- asset-based financing; and
- government-guaranteed loans and factoring.
The practice includes not only structuring the credit and negotiating and drafting the credit documents, but the practice extends to workouts of troubled debt, the liquidation of collateral and the representation of debtors and creditors in insolvency proceedings.