Managing your workforce is one of the most demanding components of operating a business. It is also one of the most crucial – your reputation and success are irrevocably linked with the dedication and satisfaction of your employees. However, the legal issues involved to develop and maintain a committed team – while staying compliant with a dense web of regulations – are varied and intricate.
Our attorneys serve as trusted advisers on employment matters to businesses ranging from scrappy startups to Fortune 500 companies with interests around the world. We help our clients take a proactive approach to compliance and employment risk, keeping up to date with their evolving requirements and responsibilities and pursuing strategies designed to prevent problems from emerging. We work with businesses on everything from training and workplace handbooks to protecting trade secrets and responding to union organizing activities. When circumstances lead to audits, investigations or litigation, we have decades of experience successfully defending our clients against a wide variety of claims.
The legal challenges of being an employer can seem dizzying, but our attorneys bring clarity to the mission and provide you with the tools to fulfill your vision as a workplace and business.
- Defense of Department of Labor Audits and EEOC Charges of Discrimination
- Defense of Unemployment Claims
- Employment Agreements
- Employment Litigation Defense
- Employment Risk and Compliance Counseling and Training
- OSHA and VOSH Investigations
- Preparation of Workplace Handbooks, Policies and Service Agreements
- Restrictive Covenants, Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Union Organizing and Unfair Labor Practice Changes
Fair Labor Standards Act Updates