ThompsonMcMullan is pleased to announce that 16 lawyers have been included in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
Best Lawyers has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers based on professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and good standing.
ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to 2022 The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Hugh T. Antrim: Elder Law, Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Rebecca C. Bowen: Corporate Law
- Beverley L. Crump: Corporate Law
- Paul G. Izzo: Elder Law
- R. Shawn Majette: Elder Law
- Christopher M. Malone: Family Law, Construction Law, Commercial Litigation, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Municipal, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Christopher M. McCarthy: Elder Law
- William D. Prince IV: Litigation – Insurance
- Michael J. Quinan: Administrative/Regulatory Law, Energy Law
- Cliona M. Robb: Energy Law
- Henry C. Spalding: Insurance Law, Litigation – Insurance
- Thamer E. “Chip” Temple: Labor Law – Management, Employment Law – Management
- William W. Tunner: Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- J. Buckley Warden IV: Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Health Care
- Carolyn A. White: Elder Law
- Andrea J. Yoak: Elder Law, Trusts and Estates
Three attorneys were recognized as “Lawyer of the Year”: Christopher M. Malone for Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law, Cliona M. Robb for Energy Law, and Hugh T. Antrim for Litigation – Trusts and Estates. This recognition is given to lawyers with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location.
Two attorneys were recognized in the “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” category for the second year in a row. This award recognizes extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years in the United States. Like traditional Best Lawyers awards, a “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” recognition is based entirely on peer review. The 2022 “Ones to Watch” recognized attorneys are: