Lindsay focuses her practice on estate planning, estate and trust administration, long-term care planning, and guardianships/conservatorships proceedings, with an emphasis on special-needs and disability planning for families. The mother of a special-needs child, Lindsay is privileged to offer accessible guidance to families and caregivers who are often enduring challenging circumstances.
Following the death of her special-needs daughter, Lindsay stayed at home with her family for several years before joining ThompsonMcMullan. She strives each day to honor her daughter’s memory through her work at the firm.
Lindsay is a 2009 magna cum laude graduate of the University of Richmond School of Law, where she served as the president of the McNeill Law Society and as Annual Survey Editor of the Law Review. She is also an alumna of the University of Virginia, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government and edited the sports page of The Cavalier Daily. Lindsay also was a District Representative for the Office of Congressman Eric Cantor between 2002 and 2006.
A native and current resident of Midlothian, Virginia, Lindsay is active in community organizations and her church. MOPS International, a group supporting and encouraging mothers of young children, is particularly close to her heart. Her own three young children keep her and her husband, George, on their toes – and laughing until their sides hurt.
- University of Richmond, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- Annual Survey Editor, University of Richmond Law Review
- President, McNeill Law Society
- Moot Court Board
- CALI Book Award, Corporations
- Richmond Law Book Award, Lawyering Skills
- Publication: Close to Crucial: The H-2B Visa Program Must Evolve, but Must Endure, 42 U. RICH. L. REV. 1011 (2008).
- University of Virginia, B.A., Government, 2002
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association
- Huguenot Road Baptist Church
- MOPS International
- University of Virginia Alumni Association
- Gamma Phi Beta
The Allison Held Volunteer Award, 2011, LINC (Legal Information Network for Cancer)
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
Past Speaking Engagements