ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. is pleased to share that we have attorneys recognized in all three of the 2023 Best Lawyers individual award categories and our firm will be recognized in the 29th edition of The Best Lawyers in America®. We have two attorneys who received the “Lawyer of the Year” designation this year, which is presented to only one individual in a given geographical region and practice area each edition. Finally, we will also have lawyers included in the third edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers based on professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and good standing.
ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to 2023 The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Hugh T. Antrim: Elder Law; Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Rebecca C. Bowen: Corporate Law
- Beverley L. Crump: Corporate Law
- Paul G. Izzo: Elder Law
- R. Shawn Majette: Elder Law
- Christopher M. Malone: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law; Commercial Litigation; Construction Law; Family Law; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Municipal; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Christopher M. McCarthy: Elder Law
- William D. Prince IV: Litigation – Insurance
- Michael J. Quinan: Administrative / Regulatory Law; Energy Law
- Cliona M. Robb: Energy Law
- Henry C. Spalding III: Insurance Law; Litigation – Insurance
- William W. Tunner: Commercial Litigation; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- J. Buckley Warden IV: Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Health Care
- Carolyn A. White: Elder Law; Trusts and Estates
- Andrea J. Yoak: Elder Law
Two attorneys were recognized as “Lawyer of the Year”: Christopher M. Malone for Litigation – Municipal Law and Paul G. Izzo in the field of Elder Law. This recognition is given to lawyers with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location.
Three attorneys were recognized in the “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” category, with two being named for the first time. This award recognizes extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years in the United States. Like traditional Best Lawyers awards, a “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” recognition is based entirely on peer review. The 2023 “Ones to Watch” recognized attorneys are:
- Rachel Adams(*): Commercial Litigation; Government Relations Practice
- John P. O’Malley(*): Corporate Governance and Compliance Law; Litigation – Construction
- Lindsay Pickral: Elder Law; Trusts and Estates
(*) Lawyers who are listed for the first time in Best Lawyers.
[#] Milestone of years recognized by Best Lawyers.