ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. is proud to share that The Best Lawyers in America® has once again selected our attorneys for recognition in all three of the Best Lawyers individual award categories and our firm will be recognized in the 30th edition of its publication. Congratulations to the two attorneys who received the “Lawyer of the Year” designation this year, which is presented to only one individual in a given geographical region and practice area each edition. Finally, we will also have lawyers included in the fourth edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and good standing. Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America is based on comprehensive peer-review surveys, which this year, was comprised of more than 16.1 million confidential evaluations by almost 58,000 top attorneys.
ThompsonMcMullan, P.C. would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to the 2024 The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Hugh T. Antrim: Elder Law; Litigation – Trusts and Estates; Trusts and Estates
- Rebecca C. Bowen: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law; Corporate Law; Trusts and Estates
- Beverley L. Crump: Corporate Law
- Paul G. Izzo: Elder Law
- R. Shawn Majette: Elder Law
- Christopher M. Malone: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law; Commercial Litigation; Construction Law; Family Law; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Municipal; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Adam R. Nelson(*): Real Estate Law
- John P. O’Herron(*): Appellate Practice; Litigation – Insurance
- William D. Prince IV: Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Bankruptcy; Litigation – Insurance
- Michael J. Quinan: Administrative/Regulatory Law; Energy Law; Energy Regulatory Law; Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Cliona M. Robb: Energy Law; Energy Regulatory Law
- Henry C. Spalding III: Insurance Law; Litigation – Insurance
- William W. Tunner: Commercial Litigation; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- J. Buckley Warden IV: Commercial Litigation; Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law
- Carolyn A. White: Elder Law; Trusts and Estates
- Andrea J. Yoak: Elder Law
Two attorneys were recognized as “Lawyer of the Year”: Christopher M. Malone for Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law and R. Shawn Majette in the field of Elder Law. This recognition is given to lawyers with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location.
Seven attorneys were recognized in the “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” category, with four being named for the first time. This award recognizes extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years in the United States. Like traditional Best Lawyers awards, a “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” recognition is based entirely on peer review. The 2024 “Ones to Watch” recognized attorneys are:
- Rachel Adams: Commercial Litigation; Energy Law; Government Relations Practice
- Peter S. Askin(*): Commercial Litigation
- Sean Breit-Rupe(*): Government Relations Practice; Litigation – Construction
- John M. McInnis(*): Litigation – Construction
- John P. O’Malley: Corporate Governance and Compliance Law; Litigation – Construction
- Lindsay Pickral: Elder Law; Trusts and Estates
- Michael K. Wilgus(*): Corporate Law
(*) Lawyers who are listed for the first time in Best Lawyers.