Sarah’s practice focuses on finance, corporate transactions, and real estate. The majority of her practice consists of assisting banks and certified development companies making commercial loans and government guaranteed SBA 7A and 504 loans. Sarah is a SBA 504 Designated Attorney. She truly enjoys working with her clients and borrowers to make the SBA lending process as smooth and easy as possible.
In addition, Sarah advises corporate clients on formation, contract negotiations, lease negotiations, share and asset purchases, and dissolution. She also represents clients in the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate and conservation easements. Sarah is a CRESPA (Consumer Real Estate Settlement Protection Act) certified attorney.
Prior to going to law school, Sarah spent four years at the American Bar Association’s Central and East European Law Initiative, where she focused on legal development programs in Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. In addition, she worked to develop a law school exchange program between U.S. and Balkan laws schools.
Sarah lives in Richmond with her husband and two daughters. An avid dog lover, you can sometimes find rescue dog, Aida, providing legal support from the floor of Sarah’s office. When not working, you can find Sarah in running shoes on the roads and trails of Richmond.
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Auburn University, B.A., Political Science, 1997
- Virginia Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite”, Real Estate/Land Use category, 2014 – 2017
- Selected to the Super Lawyer’s “Rising Stars” Virginia List, Business and Corporate category, 2015
Co-Taught, “Understanding the SBA Loan Closing Requirements”, 16th Annual Advanced Real Estate CLE in Virginia, March 2012
“Legal Business Entities” – Taught quarterly introduction course for the Women’s Business Center of New Visions New Ventures 2008 – 2011
- Virginia State Bar
- Member, National Association for Government Guaranteed Lenders (NAGGL)
- Member, National Association of Development Companies (NADCO)
- Spinal Cord Injury Association (SCIAVA)
- Board of Directors
- 2009 SCIAVA Community Service Partner of the Year award recipient
- Team in Training/Leukemia and Lymphoma Society – Marathon Coach 2007 – 2010